How to get there
- Select TICKETS from the side menu.
- Select a ticket.
The Idea behind it
With the Messenger, employees can get in contact with code users and perform customer service. The aim is to enable them to solve problems remotely. For this reason, the Messenger offers a variety of tools that support clear and precise communication.
Reduce/Enlarge the Messenger Window
- To change the size of the Messenger window, click the arrow in the top right corner (picture).
- Use the text tools to change the text formatting to bold or italic and to enter links (picture).
- The text formatting will be displayed in Markdown until the message is sent (picture).
- URLs and email addresses will be detected automatically (video).
- Click and hold the microphone icon to record a voice message (video).
- Click the camera icon to upload attachments such as pictures, videos, PDFs, etc. (picture).
Supported file types: AAC, AVI, DOCX, FLAC, GIF, JPEG, M4A, MATROSKA, MP3 (MPEG), MP4, MSVIDEO, ODT, OGG, OPUS, PDF, PNG, PPT, PPTX, QUICKTIME, TXT, VORBIS, WAV, WEBM, WMV, XLS, XLSX.
Text Assistant Links
- Send links to help code users find specific elements of the Text Assistant.
- How to send Text Assistant Links:
- Click SEND TEXT ASSISTANT LINK (picture).
- From the list, select the element you want (picture).
A link, consisting of a URL and a link text [[URL | link text]], will be added to the input field of the Messenger (picture).
Note: The link text, which is by default the title of the Text Assistant element, can be edited (video).
- Add additional text and/or change the link text (picture).
- Click the send icon.
Video Session Creation
Click CREATE VIDEO SESSION. By doing so you send the code user a link to join the Video Session via the Messenger.
- The Video Session will already be set to "Open" so that both sides can join the conversation immediately (video).
- The new Video Session and the Ticket will automatically be linked (picture).
- If Video Sessions are deactivated for your organization, the Template or the Device you currently work on, the CREATE VIDEO SESSION button will not be displayed.
To learn more about Video Sessions, read this article: How to use Video Sessions.
Insert Text Building Blocks
- Use text building blocks to save frequently used text and easily insert it when needed.
- Click on INSERT TEXT BUILDING BLOCKS (picture).
- Select the desired element from the list (picture).
- The selected text will be added to the messenger's input field.
Note: The text can be edited before sending (picture).
- Click on the send icon.
Good to Know
- Employees cannot use the Messenger until they have accepted the ticket offer or until they have been assigned to it (video).
- Code users do not have an Updates tab (picture) like the employees have in the back office. Updates appear in their Messenger (picture).
- Once a ticket is closed, code users can't use the Messenger anymore.
- Messages can't be deleted or edited.